Forum de l'union médicale: Tunisie,Algérie,Maroc

Soyez le bienvenu sur FUMED (Forum de l'Union Médicale).

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths Fumed10

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Soyez le bienvenu sur FUMED (Forum de l'Union Médicale).

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths Fumed10

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Espace de discussion scientifique pour les praticiens médicaux et para-médicaux des pays maghrébins francophones (Algérie, Tunisie, Maroc)

Do you like FUMED

Connexion

Récupérer mon mot de passe

Derniers sujets

» VIDAL Mobile L'APPLICTION 2022 (la version payante de « Vidal Mobile » gratuitement) #Application #Pharmacologie
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeHier à 19:50 par moonshadow92

» 50 Dossiers Cardiologie, Cas cliniques corrigés
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMer 24 Avr 2024, 20:21 par Urjee

» Précis de dermatologie esthétique: Améliorer l'esthétique du visage #Dermatologie Elsevier Masson; Illustrated édition (5 janvier 2022)
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMer 24 Avr 2024, 09:41 par dr.boudiaf

» EMC -Techniques Chirurgicales 2020 7 en 1 livre (Tête & cou -Chirurgie plastique-Thorax -Appareil digestif -Gynécologie - urologie Chirurgie vasculaire édition sba-medecine 2020 (avec misa à jour 2020) #collections
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 23:07 par Dr.Abbes

» VIDAL 2018 - Le dictionnaire des médicaments
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 16:31 par abuabderrahmen

» Anesthésie-réanimation en chirurgie thoracique + Anesthésie-réanimation en chirurgie cardiaque
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 09:22 par drboudhir

» [Collection] Livres pour le praticien #collections
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 08:45 par chembou norbert

» Livres Médicales - Cas Difficiles En Medecine Interne
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 08:43 par chembou norbert

» 77 GESTES ET TECHNIQUES pratiqués chez l'enfant en PÉDIATRIE #Pédiatrie
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeLun 22 Avr 2024, 23:03 par edwards

» Guide Pratique de Médecine d'Urgence , Réanimation et Soins Intensifs
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 21:44 par zoblo

» Jean-Jacques Lehot, Charles Arvieux, "Réanimation et urgences"
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 21:41 par zoblo

» Livres Médicales – Maitriser la Radiographie du Thorax
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 16:05 par *Panda Kealong

» Livres Médicales - Diagnostics et thérapeutique : Guide pratique du symptôme à la prescription
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 11:11 par teyebne

» Anatomie clinique : kamina Tome 1 et 2 et 3 et 4 et 5
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 11:04 par Louis arnaud

» PDF gratuit Pierre Kamina Anatomie clinique Tome 1 Generale, Membres
A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 10:40 par Louis arnaud

Pour établir un PARTENARIAT avec FUMED contactez l'administration du forum en cliquant ici:

free counters
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

2 participants

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths

ben lamine
    ben lamine
    Membre actif
    Membre actif

Masculin Messages : 224
    Emploi : médecin urgentiste

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths Empty A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths

Message par ben lamine Mer 08 Déc 2010, 14:19

Faced with an epidemic of drug abuse and overdose deaths involving prescription opioid pain relievers, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) plans to require opioid makers to provide training for physicians and patient-education materials on the appropriate prescribing and use of extended-release and long-acting versions of these drugs. But since July, FDA officials have been scrambling to revise their proposed Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS), after an advisory panel (the agency's Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee and Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee) voted 25 to 10 against the FDA's plan, saying it didn't go far enough. Advisors urged that training in appropriate use of opioids be made mandatory for all physicians who prescribe them.
    ben lamine
    ben lamine
    Membre actif
    Membre actif

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths Empty Re: A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths

Message par ben lamine Mer 08 Déc 2010, 14:21

In the eyes of many patients, these opioids “are essentially legal heroin,” advisory committee member Lewis Nelson of New York University School of Medicine commented during the panel's discussion. “We need to think about how we would construct a REMS if we were going to be marketing heroin.” With more than a million prescribers of controlled substances registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and about 4 million U.S. patients receiving long-acting or extended-release opioids each year, the FDA's opioid REMS will affect far more people than any existing REMS for high-risk medications. Any discussion of restricting the use of pain medicines provokes emotional debate, with some advocates warning that people in chronic pain may be undertreated or stigmatized and others arguing that access to powerful painkillers leads to thousands of deaths each year.
    ben lamine
    ben lamine
    Membre actif
    Membre actif

A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths Empty Re: A Flood of Opioids, a Rising Tide of Deaths

Message par ben lamine Mer 08 Déc 2010, 14:24

There is ample evidence that action is needed. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), deaths from unintentional drug overdoses in the United States have been rising steeply since the early 1990s and are the second-leading cause of accidental death, with 27,658 such deaths recorded in 2007. That increase has been propelled by a rising number of overdoses of opioids (synthetic versions of opium), which caused 11,499 of the deaths in 2007 — more than heroin and cocaine combined (see line graph). Visits to emergency departments for opioid abuse more than doubled between 2004 and 2008,1 and admissions to substance-abuse treatment programs increased by 400% between 1998 and 2008, with prescription painkillers being the second most prevalent type of abused drug after marijuana.
    M@NEL
    M@NEL
    Super-modératrice
    Super-modératrice

Féminin Messages : 1006
    Emploi : Ph

Message par M@NEL Mar 21 Déc 2010, 21:09

with prescription painkillers being the second most prevalent type of abused drug after marijuana.

unfortunately ,it's a very important family ( natural , synthetic or semi synthetic ) that we need in surgery or other fields but the huge problem of addiction make it very suspicious
    ben lamine
    ben lamine
    Membre actif
    Membre actif

Message par ben lamine Mer 22 Déc 2010, 12:03

exactly, we don't have statistic informations about this type of addiction in our great arab world but I think we should expect more consciousness from patients.

Contenu sponsorisé

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 26 Avr 2024, 10:26