Forum de l'union médicale: Tunisie,Algérie,Maroc

Soyez le bienvenu sur FUMED (Forum de l'Union Médicale).

Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) Fumed10

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Soyez le bienvenu sur FUMED (Forum de l'Union Médicale).

Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) Fumed10

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Espace de discussion scientifique pour les praticiens médicaux et para-médicaux des pays maghrébins francophones (Algérie, Tunisie, Maroc)

Do you like FUMED

Connexion

Récupérer mon mot de passe

Derniers sujets

» VIDAL Mobile L'APPLICTION 2022 (la version payante de « Vidal Mobile » gratuitement) #Application #Pharmacologie
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeJeu 25 Avr 2024, 19:50 par moonshadow92

» 50 Dossiers Cardiologie, Cas cliniques corrigés
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMer 24 Avr 2024, 20:21 par Urjee

» Précis de dermatologie esthétique: Améliorer l'esthétique du visage #Dermatologie Elsevier Masson; Illustrated édition (5 janvier 2022)
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMer 24 Avr 2024, 09:41 par dr.boudiaf

» EMC -Techniques Chirurgicales 2020 7 en 1 livre (Tête & cou -Chirurgie plastique-Thorax -Appareil digestif -Gynécologie - urologie Chirurgie vasculaire édition sba-medecine 2020 (avec misa à jour 2020) #collections
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 23:07 par Dr.Abbes

» VIDAL 2018 - Le dictionnaire des médicaments
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 16:31 par abuabderrahmen

» Anesthésie-réanimation en chirurgie thoracique + Anesthésie-réanimation en chirurgie cardiaque
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 09:22 par drboudhir

» [Collection] Livres pour le praticien #collections
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 08:45 par chembou norbert

» Livres Médicales - Cas Difficiles En Medecine Interne
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Avr 2024, 08:43 par chembou norbert

» 77 GESTES ET TECHNIQUES pratiqués chez l'enfant en PÉDIATRIE #Pédiatrie
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeLun 22 Avr 2024, 23:03 par edwards

» Guide Pratique de Médecine d'Urgence , Réanimation et Soins Intensifs
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 21:44 par zoblo

» Jean-Jacques Lehot, Charles Arvieux, "Réanimation et urgences"
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 21:41 par zoblo

» Livres Médicales – Maitriser la Radiographie du Thorax
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeDim 21 Avr 2024, 16:05 par *Panda Kealong

» Livres Médicales - Diagnostics et thérapeutique : Guide pratique du symptôme à la prescription
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 11:11 par teyebne

» Anatomie clinique : kamina Tome 1 et 2 et 3 et 4 et 5
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 11:04 par Louis arnaud

» PDF gratuit Pierre Kamina Anatomie clinique Tome 1 Generale, Membres
Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) I_icon_minitimeSam 20 Avr 2024, 10:40 par Louis arnaud

Pour établir un PARTENARIAT avec FUMED contactez l'administration du forum en cliquant ici:

free counters

2 participants

Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver)

M@NEL
    M@NEL
    Super-modératrice
    Super-modératrice

Féminin Messages : 1006
    Emploi : Ph

Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) Empty Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver)

Message par M@NEL Mar 25 Aoû 2009, 23:50

What is cirrhosis?

Cirrhosis is a complication of many liver diseases that is characterized by abnormal structure and function of the liver. The diseases that lead to cirrhosis do so because they injure and kill liver cells, and the inflammation and repair that is associated with the dying liver cells causes scar tissue to form. The liver cells that do not die multiply in an attempt to replace the cells that have died. This results in clusters of newly-formed liver cells (regenerative nodules) within the scar tissue. There are many causes of cirrhosis; they include chemicals (such as alcohol, fat, and certain medications), viruses, toxic metals (such as iron and copper that accumulate in the liver as a result of genetic diseases), and autoimmune liver disease in which the body's immune system attacks the liver.

Why does cirrhosis cause problems?

The liver is an important organ in the body. It performs many critical functions, two of which are producing substances required by the body, for example, clotting proteins that are necessary in order for blood to clot, and removing toxic substances that can be harmful to the body, for example, drugs. The liver also has an important role in regulating the supply to the body of glucose (sugar) and lipids (fat) that the body uses as fuel. In order to perform these critical functions, the liver cells must be working normally, and they must have an intimate relationship with the blood since the substances that are added or removed by the liver are transported to and from the liver by the blood.

The relationship of the liver to the blood is unique. Unlike most organs in the body, only a small amount of blood is supplied to the liver by arteries. Most of the liver's supply of blood comes from the intestinal veins as the blood returns to the heart. The main vein that returns blood from the intestines is called the portal vein. As the portal vein passes through the liver, it breaks up into increasingly smaller and smaller veins. The tiniest veins (called sinusoids because of their unique structure) are in close contact with the liver cells. In fact, the liver cells line up along the length of the sinusoids. This close relationship between the liver cells and blood from the portal vein allows the liver cells to remove and add substances to the blood. Once the blood has passed through the sinusoids, it is collected in increasingly larger and larger veins that ultimately form a single vein, the hepatic vein that returns the blood to the heart.

In cirrhosis, the relationship between blood and liver cells is destroyed. Even though the liver cells that survive or are newly-formed may be able to produce and remove substances from the blood, they do not have the normal, intimate relationship with the blood, and this interferes with the liver cells' ability to add or remove substances from the blood. In addition, the scarring within the cirrhotic liver obstructs the flow of blood through the liver and to the liver cells. As a result of the obstruction to the flow of blood through the liver, blood "backs-up" in the portal vein, and the pressure in the portal vein increases, a condition called portal hypertension. Because of the obstruction to flow and high pressures in the portal vein, blood in the portal vein seeks other veins in which to return to the heart, veins with lower pressures that bypass the liver. Unfortunately, the liver is unable to add or remove substances from blood that bypasses it. It is a combination of reduced numbers of liver cells, loss of the normal contact between blood passing through the liver and the liver cells, and blood bypassing the liver that leads to many of the manifestations of cirrhosis.

A second reason for the problems caused by cirrhosis is the disturbed relationship between the liver cells and the channels through which bile flows. Bile is a fluid produced by liver cells that has two important functions: to aid in digestion and to remove and eliminate toxic substances from the body. The bile that is produced by liver cells is secreted into very tiny channels that run between the liver cells that line the sinusoids, called canaliculi. The canaliculi empty into small ducts which then join together to form larger and larger ducts. Ultimately, all of the ducts combine into one duct that enters the small intestine. In this way, bile gets to the intestine where it can help with the digestion of food. At the same time, toxic substances contained in the bile enter the intestine and then are eliminated in the stool. In cirrhosis, the canaliculi are abnormal and the relationship between liver cells and canaliculi is destroyed, just like the relationship between the liver cells and blood in the sinusoids. As a result, the liver is not able to eliminate toxic substances normally, and they can accumulate in the body. To a minor extent, digestion in the intestine also is reduced.
    Dr soussou23
    Dr soussou23
    Membre hyper-actif
    Membre hyper-actif

Féminin Messages : 2949
    Emploi : etudiante

Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver) Empty Re: Cirrhosis (Cirrhosis of the Liver)

Message par Dr soussou23 Lun 23 Juil 2012, 03:24

merci pour l'infos Smile

La date/heure actuelle est Sam 27 Avr 2024, 02:34